Delivery Of Your Furniture
All furniture purchased from Online Bedrooms is made to order.
When you complete your order and payment is made, we'll provide an estimated delivery window, and we'll then start the process of building your built in wardrobes or other fitted bedroom furniture. To keep the delivery costs low (or sometimes free!) for our customers, we will usually deliver orders in pairs on the same vehicle. This may mean that you're not able to choose a specific delivery date.
Once the furniture has been cut and made, we'll contact you to confirm a delivery day and time window. We'll then deliver it to your home, flat-packed and ready for easy self-installation. This whole process normally takes just 3-4 weeks.
How much does delivery cost?
How will my order be delivered?
- In order to keep delivery costs low, our delivery service will be either on a pallet or via a single-crewed van delivery.
- At least one able-bodied person should be there to take delivery and will be required to assist the driver in unloading the vehicle and carrying the furniture into your home to a downstairs room, access permitting. Please bear in mind that many of the boxes can be heavy.
- Please move any valuable or easily breakable objects prior to delivery to avoid damage. Please check the packaging upon delivery, taking photographs of any damage to the packaging and report any damage by emailing us immediately.
- Payment for your order is considered acceptance of the above delivery notice and our Terms & Conditions of sale.
- There will be some packaging that you will need to dispose of once your delivery has been made and your furniture unpacked. This may include cardboard and pallets.
What will I need to build my furniture?
- Your furniture will arrive with assembly instructions, although please note these aren't necessarily cabinet-specific due to the bespoke nature of our products. For the build of the cabinets themselves, you'll only need a screwdriver. We recommend two people as some items are large and heavy. We'll supply oversized side scribe panels and top and bottom plinths for you to trim to the correct size to suit your room. You may need to use a saw to ensure a perfect fit, as many homes don't have perfectly straight and even walls.
- If your wardrobe has an open end, we'll supply an end panel to be attached to the side of the end cabinet. You may need to cut this to size and silicone to your wall for a perfect fit.
Can you deliver outside the mainland UK?
- At the moment we only offer delivery to the United Kingdom mainland, covering all mainland locations.
- Orders to the Scottish Highlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and other offshore islands can be delivered to a local shipping company of your choice, as long as they are based on the mainland. Your shipping company is responsible for checking the condition of the goods when they take delivery of them, and reporting any damage (with photographic evidence) immediately. Any damage upon arrival that wasn't reported will not be eligible for replacement, compensation or reimbursement.
I am decorating the room first, can I order my furniture now and specify when I want my order to be delivered?
- Yes – when you place your order and make payment, a member of our team will be in touch within 1 working day to discuss everything. If you aren't ready for your furniture, we'll delay starting the manufacturing until closer to the time.
- We do not build furniture and store it until you're ready, it will be built in time for order. Once you make payment, we'll make provisions for your order (including sourcing materials) and therefore you will not be able to cancel your order or request a refund.